Keep the ocean close to your heart with this little silver starfish. Hand carved in silver; this pretty starfish pendant is the perfect jewellery accessory for a sun dweller.
Designed with a subtle textural finish and suspended with a yellow gold vermeil jump ring, this pendant measures approximately 1.8cm in diameter
- 999-fine silver pendant
- 925-sterling silver chain
- 18-inch chain
Starfish or Seastars?
Marine scientists have recently renamed starfish to sea stars, this is because starfish are not actually fish, they are echinoderms and are closely related to sand dollars and sea urchins.
Did you know?
1. Starfish can regenerate their own arms, giving them a symbolic meaning of resilience.
2. Star don’t have a brain or blood; they use filtered sea water to pump nutrients through their nervous system.
3. The average lifespan of a starfish is 35 years – with larger species of starfish living much longer than the smaller species of starfish.
4. You will only find starfish in the ocean (not in fresh waters) as they need salt water to survive.