- Silver dragonfly measures 10mm
- Labradorite gemstone measures 7mm
- Suspended from an 18 inch sterling silver chain
Dragonflies are a popular choice in jewellery due to the mythology surrounding them. Dragonflies are symbolic of living life to the fullest - spending most of their lives as nymphs below the water's surface they only exist as beautiful dragonflies for around six months.
Did you know?
1. The Hawker dragonfly has a maximum speed of 30 miles per hour making it one of the fastest insects in the UK.
2. Dragonflies are very agile flyers and are able to fly forwards, backwards and sideways as well as hovering.
3. Dragonflies only exist as fast flying, brightly coloured beauties for the last few months of their lives, before that they live as nymphs under the water.
4. Dragonflies were one of the first insects to appear on the planet – around 300 million years ago