The perfect jewellery gift for someone who never stops looking up at the stars. This beautiful silver pendant has been handmade in the Ravetta Designs surrey studio and features a beautiful Ursa Major Big Bear constellation design.
Constellation talisman measures 2.5cm
999 fine silver talisman
18 inch 925 sterling silver chain
One of the best known constellations in the night sky - The Big Bear or Ursa Major, this silver constallations talisman is a beautiful reminder that no matter the distance we are from a loved one, we are all under the same stars.
Also available in rose gold or yellow gold vermeil, please contact me for more information.
so unusual ! Just lovely
Did you know?
- Ursa Major constellation lies in the northern sky. Its name means “the great bear,” or “the larger bear,” in Latin.
- Ursa Major is the third largest constellation in the sky, occupying an area of 1280 square degrees. It is located in the second quadrant of the northern hemisphere (NQ2) and can be seen at latitudes between +90° and -30°.
- Ursa Major or the Great Bear’s tail forms the big dipper and is easy to spot on a clear Winters night.
- Ursa Major is known by its seven main stars, also known as the big dipper or the plough. The seven stars which form the big dipper are called Dubhe, Merak, Phecda, Megrez, Alioth, Mizar, and Alkaid.
- In folklore Ursa Major is Callisto a beautiful nymph, who was turned to a bear by Zeus’ wife Callisto. A symbol of passion and love, this constellation talisman features the big bear Ursa Major.
What is a constellation?
A constellation is a group of stars that appear to form a pattern, animal or person. Constellations are easily recognisable and help star gazers to navigate the night sky.