OceansFrom intricately detailed silver seashells the loveable seahorses. Each with their own story to tell. For example, did you know Seahorses are monogamous and mate for life?
Ocean inspired jewellery
A jewellery collection inspired by our most mysterious part of our planet. Whether you love the feeling of escapism that the ocean brings or slightly fear what lurks beneath its hidden depths, our oceans have inspired fascinated humans since time began.
Our seas are vast, volatile and unknowable and always provided a beautiful setting for myths and legends – a wonder for what magic and mysteries our oceans may hold.
From the decadent fanned lines of a scallop shell, to the intricate details of the mysterious seahorse our oceans are filled with wonder.
Did you know? Ocean inspired facts
- 1. Our oceans cover approximately 71 percent of the Earth’s surface.
- 2. 80% of the ocean remains unexplored
- 3. 97% of the earths water is found in the ocean
- 4. A larger percentage of the surface of the moon and Mars has been mapped out and studied than our own ocean floors.
- 5. 95% of the earths living creatures are aquatic
- 6. The ocean holds more historic artefacts than all of the world’s museums
- 7. At its widest point the Pacific Ocean is more than five times the diameter of the moon
- 8. The ocean contains underwater trenches, mountains, volcanos, and lakes and rivers
- 9. There are approximately 3 million shipwrecks in the ocean
Wearing jewellery in the ocean – caring for your jewellery
As a golden rule you should always avoid wearing jewellery on the beach during the day as sun lotion and salt water can negatively affect your jewellery.
Sun lotion can create a chemical reaction with the metal your jewellery is made from and can result in oxidation if the item of jewellery is silver. Sun lotion isn’t corrosive, so there shouldn’t be any long-term damage to your jewellery – a quick clean and rub with a polishing cloth should bring your jewellery back to its former glory.
Sand and saltwater are both abrasive and can scratch your jewellery so be extra careful – especially with gemstone jewellery.
When can I wear my jewellery to the beach?
Save your jewellery for evening drinks on the beach or for when you are unlikely to be using the swimming pools or oceans to keep your jewellery looking its best while on holiday.