This beautiful starfish pendant is set with glistening cubic ziconias and is the perfect jewellery gift for anyone who loves the ocean.
- Height: 20.00mm
- Width: 20.00mm
- Depth: 3.00mm
- Diameter: 20.00mm
- Metal: 925 Sterling Silver
Starfish are a symbol of resilience and eternal love. Starfish or SeaStars are creatures of the vast occeans,a rminder that we are just a small part of an expansive universe – it can be helpful to remember this when life becomes overwhelming.
Starfish or Seastars?
Marine scientists have recently renamed starfish to sea stars, this is because starfish are not actually fish, they are echinoderms and are closely related to sand dollars and sea urchins.
Did you know?
- Starfish can regenerate their own arms, giving them a symbolic meaning of resilience.
- Star don’t have a brain or blood; they use filtered sea water to pump nutrients through their nervous system.
- The average lifespan of a starfish is 35 years – with larger species of starfish living much longer than the smaller species of starfish.
- You will only find starfish in the ocean (not in fresh waters) as they need salt water to survive.
- Starfish are ancient creatures. They first originated more than 450 million years ago! That predates even dinosaurs.
- Starfish are associated with Venus the goddness of love and are a symbol of eternal love