This beautiful unicorn pendant will add a touch of magic to your day.
Exquisitely detailed this magical unicorn pendant is made using 925 sterling silver with an elegantly 18ct yellow gold plated unicorn horn.
- Height: 9.50mm
- Width: 17.10mm
- 925 Sterling Silver 18 inch decorative chain
- 18ct yellow gold plate unicorn horn
The mythical unicorn is Scotland’s national animal, a land known for its love of legends and folklore. Unicorns are a symbol of purity, innocence and power. Fiercely independent, the regal unicorn is notoriously difficult to capture or tame in mythology. This beautiful pendant is suspended from a decorative ball chain to create a regal style.
Did you know?
- Unicorns date back to the ancient Babylonians folklore, famous for their untameable nature.
- In folklore a unicorn horn can purify poisoned water and have a strong healing power Marco Polo documented seeing unicorns on his travels he described a mysterious animal ‘slightly smaller than elephants, with a single large horn in the centre of their head.’ With 'Their hair is like that of a buffalo, and their feet like those of an elephant'. Many suspect his ‘discovery’ was actually the loveable Rhino.
- In Celtic folklore unicorns symbolise virtues of purity, innocence, endurance, gentleness, fertility. They also have strong links to nature, dreams, and magic. They believed that the unicorn could take one look at a person and know his heart and whether they were virtuous.
Really happy with how detailed this tiny little pendant is, love layering it with my gemstone pendants.